Picture Table: a clever piece of furniture that transforms into a work of art
By Jude Garvey
December 21, 2009
Short on space but still need somewhere to sit down and eat? Here’s an innovative solution – the Picture Table is a unique dining table that flips back against the wall and becomes a stylish showcase for your favorite photograph, poster or piece of art.
The Picture Table is designed to be mounted on a side wall. When you have finished dining, the table rotates towards the wall and is fixed in place. It then becomes a large frame for an image that can be changed as often as you like.
The table is attached to the wall with three metal supports and the legs are kept in place with magnets. Posters can be easily removed and replaced and can also be enhanced with framing mat board if desired.
Particularly suitable for small apartments, hotel rooms or coffee shops, the Picture Table measures 130 x 85 x 78cm (51.2” x 33.5” x 30.7”) and is made from beech and balsa wood, plexi glass and stainless steel.
The Picture Table is produced in Italy and was designed by Verena Lang, the founder by IvyDesign. It weighs 20kg (44lbs) and costs EUR1,140 (approx. USD1,368 at time of publication) plus shipping. The company also makes a Mirror Table if you prefer to gaze at your own image!Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide