Feel like getting away from it all?
June 2, 2011
All of us feel the need to make like an ostrich and hide from the world around us now and then. Could this be the answer? Lying somewhere between a travel cushion and a soft bag to put over your head, the OSTRICH is a design concept that aims to provide a portable retreat from any waking daytime environment where the stresses and strains of the day can melt away.
Made from soft flannelet, the OSTRICH can be slung over one shoulder as you traverse from train to work, or head for a quieter empty meeting room for a mid-afternoon nap when your caffeine levels hit an all-day low.
Madrid-based architecture and design studio Kawamura Ganjavian created the Ostrich as part of a new paradigm for adaptable work and rest space.
This could be one of the most appealing snooze-related ideas we've seen since the bed that you don't have to make in the morning came to our attention. It could also be a recipe for suffocation or a great way to make yourself a target of office pranks.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide