Olympus Stylus 7x optical zoom digital compact camera
February 29, 2008
Weighing 135 grams and measuring under an inch (25.2mm) thick, key features of the the 10.1-megapixel CCD Stylus 1020 include face detection, a generous 2.7-inch HyperCrystal II LCD monitor with a 176° viewing angle and a Shakeproof Sensor-Shift system that uses a dual-axis gyro sensor to detect camera shake and shifts the CCD sensor to accomodate. The latter is coupled with high ISO sensitivity Digital Image Stabilization to enable 10 megapixel imaging at sensitivities up to ISO 1600.
The camera also boasts Shadow Adjust Technology, which is designed to bring out the details in shadows, 27 shooting modes movie recording at up to 30fps, voice recording and built-in panorama image functionality.
Still shooting speed is 4.9 frames per second (for 11 frames at 3MP) or 0.7 frames per second (for 7 frames at 10MP) with 3 fps continuous flash and the device also provides previews of various camera settings before a picture is taken. Internal memory is 14.7MB Internal Memory and the unit takes xD-Picture Cards (available in up to 2GB capacity).
The Olympus Stylus 1020 retails for $USD350. The unit is now available in Australia (as the Mju 1020) for AUD$499.
More details available via Olympus.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide