OCZ Enyo Portable SSD with USB 3.0
By Jeff Salton
May 7, 2010
OCZ Technology Group, known for its high-performance solid-state drives (SSDs) and memory devices, has released the Enyo Portable SSD that utilizes the next generation USB 3.0 interface. For consumers who want the flexibility of a portable drive with the robust durability and performance advantages of an SSD, coupled with super fast USB 3.0, this device ticks all the boxes.
Benefits of the OCZ Enyo SSD include improved power management and lower CPU utlization, 260Mbps read and 200Mbps write capabilities (making it around ten times faster than USB 2.0, and its SuperSpeed 5Gbps port is also backwards-compatible with legacy ports.
"We are continually searching for new ways to make the benefits of solid state storage available to consumers, and our new Enyo SSD is designed to make those benefits portable," said Ryan Petersen, CEO of the OCZ Technology Group.
"The Enyo is a sleek external SSD that makes use of the increasingly popular SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface to make transferring anything from spreadsheets to high definition movies significantly faster than traditional media. Consumers never have to leave home without their valuable files again."
The Enyo housing features a sleek, anodized aluminum body and will be available in 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB capacities. The Enyo is widely available, check with your local retailer for pricing.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide