O-range Connector Vest backpack replaces straps
By C.C. Weiss
August 10, 2012
O-range is an Italian design studio-turned-manufacturer that builds a line of distinctive backpacks and bags. Its new Connector Vest strips the straps off the backpack and replaces them with a vest. It's designed to be a more ergonomic, comfortable solution for outdoor enthusiasts.
O-range told us that the Vest was designed with skiing and snow sports in mind. It could presumably be useful for anything from daily commuting to hiking, as well. It adds a little extra insulation while keeping the backpack cinched down against your body for added comfort.
The zippered Connector Vest essentially replaces backpack straps. It includes an adjustable system that you can use to dial in the correct fit. It can be used with the gamut of O-range bags, providing several different size and configuration options. We don't know for sure without testing it, but it looks like it should minimize the amount of bouncing and shaking while moving. The O-range system is modular, and the vest and straps can be used interchangeably, assuming you have both.
O-range plans to get the Connector Vest to market later this year. The full vest + backpack system will retail for around US$260. The vest component will also be sold without the backpack for around $190.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide