Metal detecting sandals delve the depths of fashion
By Darren Quick
June 16, 2009
Are you a beachcomber who is sick and tired of lugging around a hand-held metal detector as you search for buried treasures? Well, your prayers have been answered with these Metal Detecting Sandals that can pick-up objects buried up to 2-feet underground.
A battery pack that straps to your calf powers a copper coil built into the right sandal. Using beat frequency oscillation, the coil creates a magnetic field that is distorted by any metal object.
Not only is the fashion statement loud and clear, the battery pack also alerts the wearer to the presence of metal with a flashing red light and vibration or audible buzz. And if that doesn’t get those bikini babes’ attention as you pull an empty soda can from the sand, you could always try slipping some socks on as well.
The Metal Detecting Sandals are available from Hammacher Schlemmer in mens and women’s sizes for USD$59.95.
Via: The Green Head.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide