Maingear claims fastest 15" HD gaming notebooktitle with eX-L 15
May 4, 2010
Maingear has recently unveiled what it claims to be the fastest 15" gaming laptop on the market. Offering top-of-the-line components while still allowing for several customization options, the new eX-L promises to satisfy even the most demanding of hardcore gamers.
The MAINGEAR eX-L run on either a powerful 45 nanometer quad-core processor or the newly released 32 nanometer Intel Core i5 and i7 for improved battery life.
In charge of the graphics department is the powerful 1GB GDDR5 ATI Radeon 5870, well suited to the task of rendering graphics on the 1080p LED backlit display. To sustain even the most processing-heavy tasks without overheating, MAINGEAR implemented a dual heatpipe cooling design for both the CPU and GPU with Artic Cooling thermal paste.
As for connectivity, the usual DVI, HDMI, and S/PDIF audio out are included along with eSata, Firewire, 4 USB ports and a webcam.
The base base model - 1600x900 display, Intel Core i5 2.4GHz processor 4GB RAM, 250GB HD - sells for $1,599, although the many customizations can add in performance (and cost) to accommodate the users' requirements.
The eX-L 15 is available directly from the MAINGEAR website.
- CPU: Intel Core i5/i7 Processors
- Memory: 4GB Kingston DDR3-1333 SO-DIMM (Dual Channel)
- Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 1GB GDDR5
- Display: 15.6" 16:9 LED back-lit 1600×900 with 1920×1080 option
- Storage: Configurable (including several SSD options)
- Optical drive: DVD and Blu-ray burner options
- Operating system: Windows 7 Premium
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics