Lifeproof extends its line of waterproof iPad cases to cover the mini
By Dave LeClair
March 18, 2014
It's probably not a good idea to stick an iPad in water, but accidents happen. LifeProof is a company built around protecting users from these accidents with its array of waterproof cases for various devices. Now, it's rolling out its nüüd and fre models for iPad mini with Retina displays.
The first model is the nüüd, a device we covered before for the larger iPad, which does not actually cover the screen. It still seals out water from entering the device, but it leaves the screen exposed to possible scratching. This is done for users who prefer to actually have direct touch on the screen while still maintaining protection from shock, water, dirt, and snow.
The fre is much like the nüüd, but with the addition of a screen protector.
Both models come with technology that enhances the iPad's built-in speakers, coverage for the camera that will not alter photography, and a transparent back that shows off the original design of the iPad.
The nüüd comes with a price tag of US$99.99, while the fre, with its added screen protection, costs $119.99. Both are available now.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide