LG announces new Tone Ultra headphones
By Darren Quick
November 28, 2013
LG has stuck with the unique design of its original LG Tone Bluetooth headphones with its latest model, the LG Tone Ultra. Like its predecessor, the newly-announced model features an around-the-neck design but adds ambient noise reduction (ANC) technology to cut down on background noise when taking calls or listening to music.
The Tone Ultra's neckband is constructed from a "memory alloy" that LG says allows it to return to its original form no matter the treatment it receives. However, LG has refined the design with the ends of the neckband housing the electronics being slimmed down considerably and sporting a more rounded, flowing look.
The two earbuds that dangle from the neckband deliver what LG claims is "eyebrow-raising stereo sound." Whatever the effect on your facial hair, the headset connects via Bluetooth and supports the connection of two devices at once. Buttons for controlling music playback and answering calls are found at the ends of the neckband, which also houses a built in microphone.
LG didn't reveal pricing details, but says the Tone Ultra will be available in the US and China before the end of the month before rolling out in parts of Europe, Asia and the Middle East throughout December. It will be offered in white and black.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide