September 19, 2008 Utilizing Ey-Fi wireless SD memory card technology, the new Shoot-n-Sync Wi-Fi memory card from Lexar is a wireless solution for uploading digital photos to computers as well as sharing them via social networking and photo-sharing websites.
The 2GB Shoot-n-Sync works with SD-compatible digital cameras to record and store digital photos in a camera just like a standard memory card. The added feature is that it wirelessly uploading images from camera to computer or directly to the Internet.
Rather than removing the memory card from a camera, transferring it to a reader, connecting the reader, and then dragging each individual photo onto the computer, the Lexar Shoot-n-Sync Wi-Fi memory card connects to Eye-Fi's web service to wirelessly and automatically upload photos.
Use of the technology requires a brief initial installation of Eye-Fi Manager software on your PC and then the card is ready to wirelessly download copies of any photos as soon as the Shoot-n-Sync comes within range of your home computer’s wireless network.
Compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems, the 2GB Lexar Shoot-n-Sync Wi-Fi memory card will be available for purchase in October 2008.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide