Having provided DSLR owners with the power to exercise some in-camera creativity for a little over a year, Lensbaby has now announced new versions of its Composer Pro lens to fit a variety of mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras. The latest Composer Pro mounts will ship with the Double Glass Optic installed and, like the SLR version, are compatible with Lensbaby’s Optic Swap System.
Owners of Micro Four Thirds cameras from the likes of Panasonic and Olympus, Sony’s α NEX cameras, and Samsung NX cameras can now take advantage of the Composer Pro’s ability to produce some impressive effects without having to wait until the post-processing stage. The installed Double Glass optic, for example, creates a sharp focus sweet spot that the photographer can reposition in a photo by tilting the Composer Pro’s swiveling lens body.
An additional seven interchangeable optics are available that provide a range of creative effects. These optics include the Sweet 35, Single Glass, Soft Focus, Plastic, Pinhole/Zone Plate and Fisheye. The Edge 80 optic is the latest to join the lineup and delivers a slice of sharp focus bordered by a soft blur.
Such creativity doesn’t come cheap, however. The Composer Pro for mirrorless cameras retails for US$300 with the Double Glass Optic installed, or $400 with the Sweet 35 optic. Additional optics range from $40 for the Pinhole/Zone Plate and Plastic optics, up to $300 for the Edge 80 optic.
- Lensbaby Composer Pro with Double Glass Optic for Olympus 4/3 Digital SLR
- Lensbaby Composer Pro with Double Glass Optic for Canon Digital SLR
- Lensbaby Composer Pro with Double Glass Optic for Nikon Digital SLR
- Lensbaby Composer Pro with Sweet 35 Optic for Nikon Digital SLR
- Lensbaby Composer Pro with Sweet 35 Optic for Sony Alpha Digital SLR
- Lensbaby Composer Pro with Double Glass Optic for Digital SLR
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics