Kingston releases MobileLite Flash card reader, reloaded
October 10, 2009
Kingston recently released MobileLiteG2, the second generation of its portable Flash card reader. The 18.9g plug-and-play unit shows up as two separate devices on your system to make it easier to transfer data between Flash memory cards using only one USB port.
The MobileLiteG2 comes with retractable covers on each side to protect the USB connector and the memory cards from damage. Another welcome addition is its short USB extension cable, which is designed for use with USB slots on your PC that might be harder to reach.
Prices for the device range from US$11 for the standalone version up to US$28.50 and US$46 for the versions with a bundled 4GB and 8GB SDHC card respectively. The MobileLiteG2 is backed by a two-year warranty, and is compatible with Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7, Mac OS 10.3 and above, and Linux 2.6.x kernels.
- Technical specifications:
- Dimensions: 2.45" x 1.16" x 0.646" (62.15mm x 29.40mm x 16.40mm)
- Weight: 18.90g
- Operating Temperature: -40°F to 140°F (-40°C to 60°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
- Supported formats: SD, SDHC, microSD, microSDHC, Memory Stick® PRO Duo™ (M2), Memory Stick® PRO-HG Duo (M2) and Memory Stick® Micro (M2)
Just enter your friends and your email address into the form below
For multiple addresses, separate each with a comma