Kia teases GT4 Stinger ahead of NAIAS 2014
By C.C. Weiss
January 2, 2014
Not known as the sportiest marque in the industry, Kia has been using auto-show concepts to experiment with more playful designs. We saw it last year with the Niro and Provo concepts, and the automaker is starting 2014 off with the GT4 Stinger. As that name implies, the 2+2 concept shows a little more aggression than the average Optima.
Kia has revealed but two photos of the GT4 Stinger, which is a product of its Irvine, CA studio. The latest photo showcases a low front-end dominated by a big, bold version of Kia's signature bottle-opener grille. That grille is flanked by LED bars that give it a look reminiscent of the Audi R8's slatted air intakes. The image also reveals a set of bulging front fenders.
This earlier teaser photo snapped from above shows that the GT4 is a hatchback design with a wraparound glasshouse. Its rear fenders are every bit as muscular as the fronts.
The GT4 Stinger concept is driven by a 315-hp 2.0-liter turbo hooked to the rear wheels. Other equipment that Kia has detailed includes 20-inch custom wheels and a carbon fiber front splitter.
Kia is saving the rest of the details for the North American International Auto Show, which opens to the press on January 13. Gizmag will be in Detroit to bring you the latest news from around the auto industry.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide