Infiniti developing range-extended sports EV
By Mike Hanlon
November 17, 2011
As the luxury brand of the most aggressive major automotive producer of EVs (Nissan-Renault), Infiniti has been hinting that it would go beyond its hybrid offerings and develop an all-electric sedan and more specifically, an all-electric sports car.
With its successful ties with Formula One Champions Red Bull Racing, and F1 Drivers Champion Sebastian Vettel as its Global Brand Ambassador, it was really only a matter of time. Today, we had the first glimpse of the new sports EV.
Most significantly, the sports car under development will be electrically powered, but with a range-extending gas engine, and it will also provide a preview of Infiniti's next design language.
Infiniti will provide regular teasers between now and the Geneva Motor Show next March when Executive Vice President Andy Palmer will present the high performance, low emission vehicle.
Explaining the strategy behind the concept in the following video, Palmer said, "At the Geneva Show next year, we will present our vision for a totally new kind of inspired premium performance car."
"Infiniti already has hybrid and clean diesel models on sale. And with an all-electric sedan on the way, the natural next step was to push the boundaries where performance and the environment intersect."
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide