Infiniti Eau Rouge SuperSedan to run 560 hp GT-R engine
By Mike Hanlon
April 4, 2014
Infiniti has released details and video of the company's new 560 hp Q50 Eau Rouge high-performance vehicle ahead of the Beijing Auto Show. Announced at the NAIAS (Detroit) Auto Show in January, the Eau Rouge promised at the time to be a competitor to the Audi, BMW M, and Mercedes AMG gentleman's performance car offerings.
Now the news that the car will use the twin-turbocharged 3.8-liter V-6 from the Nissan GT-R, plus video of F1 Champ Sebastian Vettel testing the prototype leave little doubt as to its nature. The Eau Rouge is a brute.
The GT-R engine delivers 560 hp and 443 pound-feet of torque - sufficient to put it right in the middle of the German high performance sedan brigade.
Infiniti has announced that video of the new luxury sports sedan being put through its paces will be shown on press day at the 2014 Beijing Auto Show (April 20, 2014) and that prototype testing and evaluation is ongoing.
Four time Formula One world champion and Infiniti's Director of Performance, Sebastian Vettel, can be seen testing the Eau Rouge at the Millbrook (U.K.) Proving Ground in the video at the foot of this article and the luxury sports sedan clearly demonstrates elite-level performance and handling.
More when we know it.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide