First unveiled online a few months ago, I'm Watch is a smartphone-compatible wristwatch, designed to work with Android-based cell phones - although it's reportedly also compatible with iOS devices. It is being developed by an Italian producer, and is currently available for pre-order. Initially the price tag was very high, but it is now being offered in a cheaper, colored version called I'm Color. The watch is scheduled to be released this October.
The I'm Watch website showcases two versions of the product. I'm Jewel is a luxury version, designed with precious materials (titanium, gold) and jewels (diamonds), with prices ranging from EUR599 to EUR11,999 (US$840 - $16,833). The I'm Color collection is priced at EUR249 (US$349), however, you'd need to pay 20 percent of the price in advance to have your order secured. The current offer will last until July 18, according to the website.
The company behind I'm Watch is Milan-based Blue Sky s.r.l. Some of the features of the device include the following:
- iPhone 4 and Android smartphone connectivity via Bluetooth
- It will allow users to make calls and receive calls, text messages, and e-mails
- Users will be able to use its speakerphone for hands-free phone calls
- Via its touchscreen, users will be able to view Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare notifications, as well as a photo gallery
- Exclusive apps will be available for download via the "I'm Store" and music via "I'music"
- Specs include: 1.54'' 240x240 pixel color TFT display, 4GB of built-in storage, 64MB of RAM, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR support, Li-Po 600 mAh battery
The I'm Watch seems to still be some distance from completion, and its description is rather brief at the moment. Shipping is nonetheless set to begin October 31.