iLuv Selfy smartphone case has a detachable camera remote
By Ben Coxworth
June 26, 2014
Although some people really like taking selfies, the shots are usually limited by the length of the shooter’s arm. Devices like the HISY Bluetooth camera phone remote are one alternative, although users might not have them handy when a photo op presents itself. iLuv has addressed that problem with its Selfy – a smartphone case with a detachable Bluetooth camera remote.
The idea behind the Selfy is that users can pull the remote out of the case, turn it on, prop the phone up against something, then go pose in front of it and use the remote to snap their picture. When they’re done, the remote just slides back into the case and stays there until next time.
iLuv also offers accessories that allow the Selfy-clad phone to be used more like an actioncam, however, with the user being able to remotely start and stop recording video or take photos.
These accessories include helmet mounts, a mini tripod, a handlebar mount, a suction cup-equipped windshield mount, and a connector for GoPro mounts. All of them attach to the case via the slot that the remote sits in when not in use.
The Selfy case is currently available in versions designed to fit the iPhone 5/5s and Galaxy S5, both of which are priced at US$49.99. There are also models for the iPad Air and iPad mini, for $79.99 and $69.99, respectively. The mounts range in price from $9.99 to $19.99.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide