March 30, 2009 The humble USB device has come a long way in a short time and over the years we have seen the technology used to power a growing array of peripherals from weather stations to personal aroma diffusers, now a device that will heat things up around the office - literally - the USB cup warmer.
Gone are the days of getting sidetracked in front of the PC only to find a cold coffee by your side ten minutes later. This little gadget not only does away with that but adds a few extras to the mix.
The cup warmer simply plugs into a regular USB socket and keeps your drink heated at a constant temperature of about 122 – 140 degrees Fahrenheit. A red LED light indicates when the heating element is on, and the user can switch it off without having to unplug any cables – a handy feature as the unit has a 4-port USB 2.0 hub for connecting other devices. Add to this a battery operated clock for the desktop and you have yourself a “hot” little number.
Five of the devices sell for around 33 Euro.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide