HP joins Apple and Dell with 30-inch computer screen
By Mike Hanlon
September 6, 2006
September 7, 2006 According to IDC, business PCs, monitors, printers and other peripherals will continue to comprise well over half of the worldwide hardware spend through 2010, which could total nearly $1.4 trillion between 2007 and 2010. So it's not surprising to see competition mounting in the"mammoth" screen-size territory with HP yesterday introducing a 30-inch diagonal wide-aspect screen, the HP LP3065 display to take on Apple's 30-inch Cinema HD Display and Dell's UltraSharp 3007WFP. The LP 3065 will be available in time for Christmas (November 1 to be exact) at US$2000. The specifications of the new screen can be seen here and a detailed image of the all black monster can be seen here.
The stunning new 30-inch diagonal HP LP3065 Flat Panel HP flagship monitor features best-in-class performance and presentation features on a huge wide-aspect screen while letting you work as comfortably as possible—you might even forget you're at the office.
Along with a variety of mounting choices, the HP LP3065 monitor has a height-adjustable base, tilt, and swivel features.
The premier selection of features includes:
• crisp, clear, high-definition views of the work you've invested your time and talent in creating with presentation features such as 1000:1 contrast ratio, sharp, high graphics resolutions up to 2560 x 1600, 92% color gamut, and an extra-bright wide-format 30-inch screen • Position the monitor for the way you work best—wide 178 x 178 degree viewing angles enable viewable sightlines from anywhere in the room • If you prefer to work simultaneously with multiple units, this monitor's thin bezels allow seamless tiling for uninterrupted panoramic data and graphic displays • Take advantage of smart software—HP Display Assistant lets you adjust the display through software instead of the on-screen display (OSD) • Minimize clutter on the desk or mount the monitor flush with the wall, thanks to the integrated power supply that eliminates bulky "power bricks" and improves cable management
The HP LP3065 monitor helps you maximize your investment protection with easy device connectivity through the built-in USB hub, so you can connect peripherals such as the optional HP Speaker Bar through the monitor instead of at the PC.
The company additionally is introducing 19- and 20-inch diagonal sizes with expected availability of Nov. 1.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide