September 10, 2007 Second Life hosts 7000 businesses and boasts a GDP of $64 million (as of September 2006) and with estimates of this year's GDP running as high as $600 million, it's no surprise that the corporate world is making its presence felt. The latest foray by car manufacturer Peugeot, will see the company presenting a virtual showcase of its new 308 RC Z concept car on September 11.
Coinciding with the real life presentation at the Frankfurt IAA Motor show from September 13, Second Life avatars will be able to to visit "Peugeot Island" and climb on board the Peugeot 308 RC Z for a spin around a virtual racetrack, possibly the closest many automobile enthusiasts will get to the real thing.
"Second Lifers" will also be able to check out the concept car Flux (first unveiled at the Geneva Motorshow) in 3D of which a full-scale model is being presented at the Frankfurt Motor Show.
Second Life reportedly represents 9 million avatars with an average of 30,000 simultaneous logins, US$7 million in revenues per month (source: Linden Lab 2007) and now more than 7000 companies hosted.
For further info see Peugeot's Frankfurt Motor Show website.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide