August 17, 2007 Yamaha first unveiled the EC-02 electric motorcycle as part of a range of sustainable machines in 2005. Not wanting to be left behind in the age of the ubiquitous personal music player, the latest incarnation of the short-range commuter features a tank mounted iPod dock… and it also glows in the dark.
In contrast to the recently released 50mph Enertia electric motorcycle, the diminutive EC-02 is designed as a low-speed (18 mph), short-range (40 miles) run-about that's very easy to park.
Earphones can be used with the iPod which mounts on the tank (though it’s not really a tank given that the machine is 100% electric) or music can be played via built-in stereo speakers.
The Yamaha EC-02 costs $2000 but it is only available in Japan and did we mention – it glows in the dark – though explanations for this last feature are a little thin on the ground.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide