June 4, 2007 The convenience of using MP3 players as a single portable sound library whether at home, in the car or walking the dog, has become second nature to many of us, but the more recent trend towards video enabled devices is yet to attain quite the same level of acceptance. One new product aiming to fully exploit this video capability is the iVoice Direct Radiating iPod sound system which offers direct access to video output from iPod via connection to an external display device. The iVoice unit also enables simultaneous charging of the iPod whilst in operation and its USB interface means that full functionality such as access to iTunes is retained when the iPod is in the dock.
The wall mountable iVoice features wireless remote control and aims to simplify music sharing through auxiliary input for most MP3 players or a computer.
A number of other innovative docking solutions have also recently made access to video and photographic data a priority including the inMotion iMV712 which features a viewing screen built in to the docking unit.
- System Power - 25 Watt RMS / Channel
- Frequency Response - 65Hz - 17kHz
- Input - 3.5mm Audio Input - Can be Used with Any Portable Audio Device (with an Audio Output) or Computer
- Output - Video Output - Allows an iPod Photo / Video to Output Video Content to an External Display Device
- Dimensions (HxWxD) cm - 140 x 393 x 170cm
- Weight - 4.7 lb / 2.1 kg
- Finish - Polished High Gloss Black
The Athena iVoice costs US$299.
Just enter your friends and your email address into the form below
For multiple addresses, separate each with a comma