GoldVish Luxury Cell Phone launch at Millionaire Fair Cannes
By Mike Hanlon
July 17, 2006
July 18, 2006 GoldVish is a new name in mobile communications but one we suspect most people will rarely see on an actual product. Aiming at the very top of the market for personal communication devices, the Geneva based luxury communication goods company is about to launch a collection of the most exclusive and up-market cell phone collection ever created! At the stratospheric end of the range is the amazing limited production ‘Piece Unique’ which features more than 100 carats of D/E-color and VVS-1 clarity grade diamonds and will sell for EUR1,000,000 (US$1,254,100). Prices for the regular GoldVish phones start at EU€18,950 (US$23,761) and go up to EU€120,000 (US$150,468) for a full pavé diamond version. There will also be 100 Limited Edition pieces specially made for collectors for EU€145,000 (US$181,808), but these are expected to all be snapped up when the collection is previewed to the public for the first time at the elite Millionaire Fair in Cannes in September.
“Following the successful and well-attended pre-launches of our new collection at ‘BaselWorld’ Basel and ‘Signature Salons’ Las Vegas, the world's largest and important watches and jewelry fairs, we are now announcing our first public introduction in Europe; ‘The Millionaire Fair’ in Cannes France*, for the European market,” said Michael Morren, CEO of GoldVish. “These are 18-karat gold cell phones for men and women with or without diamonds. There is no doubt , however, that the most stunning cell phone in the collection is the spectacular 'Piece Unique,” he said.
The GoldVish collection is world class – both in jewelry and communications design. Each GoldVish cell phone is equipped with the latest in mobile technology (quad-band for effortless worldwide reception, a camera and MP3 player, along with other features and upgradeable software) The cell phones are hand-made in Switzerland, the home of ''haute horlogerie''.
The GoldVish cell phone was designed by Emmanuel Gueit creative director of GoldVish. Gueit is well known in the watch and jewelry industry and designed the Audemars Piquet Royal Oak Off shore and the Z1 & Z2 of Harry Winston, a guarantee of true perfection, style and glamour.
Aiming for an exclusive design and unmatched excellence, GoldVish has used only top quality materials in the cell phone’s design, including 18-karat solid gold, available in rose, yellow or white gold, and diamonds, all of D-E color and none less than VVS-1 clarity grade, as certified in the accompanying diamond grading reports.
Prices of the regular GoldVish phones start at EU€18,950 and go up to EU€120.000 for a full pavé diamond version. Special for collectors there are 100 unique pieces available. These first Limited Editions can only be purchased by your local distributor/dealer or at the Millionaire fair in Cannes 2006 (price EU€145.000).
The absolute incredible Masterpiece is a ‘Piece Unique’ of € 1.000.000,- which makes it the most expensive cell phone in the world. It features more than 100 carats of D/E-color and VVS-1 clarity grade diamonds and a guaranteed unique (limited) production, also to been seen in Cannes.
The GoldVish collection will be available from October/November 2006 at the most exclusive department stores and the best jewelers throughout the world.
GoldVish Illusion specifications
- Solid 18 ct. yellow, rosé or white gold casing - Ultraslim design - 110 x 46 x 17 mm (l x h x d) - 198 grams (depending on version) - high quality VVS-1 (D-E colour) diamonds - 8 colours galuchat leather – modular exchangeable - Advanced dynamic high res. 176x220 (262k) TFT display - Up to 400 hours standby time - Sapphire glass display
- Worldwide GSM coverage 850 - 900 - 1800 - 1900 MHz (Quad band) - GPRS/EDGE Class 10 - USB - Bluetooth Features:
- Photo/video camera with optimised (8x zoom, 2 megapixel) CMOS lens - Comprehensive MP3 player - FM radio - Stereo sound - PC interchangeable 2 Gb SD-memory for songs, pictures, movies - Personal organizer - Audio recorder - Email/SMS/EMS/MMS - Conference call - Hands-free callingShare
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide