These pictures were taken underwater with a mobile phone!
By Mike Hanlon
May 28, 2005
May 29, 2005 A new shockproof and waterproof casing that fits 95% of all cell phones has been released onto the German market for a price under 50 Euros. The WaveCase is so waterproof that it can be used underwater, turning the average cameraphone into an underwater camera capable of catching your holiday snaps above and below the water. As the casing is impervious to water to a depth of 20 metres, it is also ideal for protecting your converged device from sand, dust, rain and and maybe even taking your phone surfing with you (although this does seem to defeat the purpose of the exercise).
The WaveCase is a universal waterproof mobile phone casing that’ll work with any phone no larger than 110 mm long, 55 mm long and 22mm wide.
There’s a strap that prevents the phone from sinking if you let it go whilst underwater, and the WaveCase comes in four colours, being red, yellow, blue and a pinky colour.
Check out the company’s web site to see dozens of images taken underwater with an array of Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Samsung and Siemens
International distribution enquiries can be sent to Wavecase here.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide