November 12, 2004 Kodak Australasia has announced a comprehensive Mobile Imaging Service that will offer the growing number of camera phone users the ability to access, interact with and share their digital pictures on their camera phone, or via the web.
Camera phone users with multimedia messaging service (MMS) and WAP 2.0 browsing capability are able to store and access their mobile images at Kodak Mobile Service directly through their handsets.
"MMS Picture messaging allows you to share one picture with one friend. With Kodak Mobile Service you can upload your pictures to an online album and then easily share pictures with many friends", said Stephen Morley, General Manager, Digital & Film Imaging Systems, Australia and New Zealand.
Telstra i-mode users can find the Kodak Mobile Service as a listed service and Kodak Australasia Pty Ltd has also entered into an agreement with Hutchison Telecom to provide the service to their 3 mobile customers. 3's high-speed 3G network significantly enhances the experience of using the service.
Kodak Mobile Service is integrated into the Kodak Picture Centre Online, an online photo album for digital camera users. Users can access the same account and photo albums from both services. The Kodak Picture Centre Online can be accessed from a PC at www.picturecentre.kodak.com.au.
A free 90 day membership is currently being offered for new users with the ongoing service expected to cost AUD $4.99 a month.
Highlights of Kodak Mobile Service
- Share all your digital and mobile pictures and stories with friends and family right from your camera phone
- Intuitive Organisation: Online albums can be arranged into folders for greater organisation and easier sharing with friends and family, all in one location
- Mobile Sharing: Invitations can be sent to friends' mobile phones to allow them to browse selected albums
- Web Access: The Kodak Mobile Service is integrated to the Kodak Picture Centre Online, allowing you to access, manage and share your pictures all in one place, just as easily from your computer as your mobile phone
- Web Sharing from the Kodak Picture Centre Online: You can invite friends via email to browse your albums
- Order Prints: Since all your Kodak Mobile Service albums and pictures can be accessed from the Kodak Picture Centre Online on your PC, you can order real Kodak photos with Print@Kodak
How to Access the Kodak Mobile Service
Anyone with a camera or multimedia/photo ready phone that supports WAP 2.0 can begin using Kodak Mobile Service, which can be accessed by computer or handset browser at www.kodakmobile.com.au.
3 mobile customers will be able to find the Kodak Mobile Service via the 'On 3' button on their mobile. Accessing the service will automatically log users in to their account and create a new account for first-time users.
Telstra i-mode subscribers will find Kodak Mobile Service listed in the i-mode directory of services. Accessing the service will automatically log users in to their account and create a new account for first-time users.
Pictures can be uploaded from a camera phone by sending the picture in an MMS to email@example.com. 3 mobile customers send the MMS to 126KODAK (126 56325). i-mode subscribers send the picture in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide