September 11, 2004
The car was exhibited by Avon and Somerset Police in the UK at a car show and drew some interesting responses from the punters. Though not as fast as the aforementioned Gallardo, the NSX is in much the same league, wth a top speed around 300kmh, so it doesn't really matter much what you're driving, they'll keep up if they want to.
The NSX was one of the more unusual police patrol cars on display, designed to draw the crowd's attention. The hook worked with crowds of people sometimes 10 deep. This enabled the police to drive their "safer driving" and "theft prevention" messages home.
But the NSX did not only gain fans from the enthusiasts. The officers who drove the vehicle to the event fell in love with it as well. One claimed it was the best they had ever driven - another threatened not to give it back!
Superintendent Lawrie Lewis commented: "Many thanks to Honda for the loan of the NSX. It was a real showstopper and a great asset to us in delivering our casualty and crime reduction messages. I don't think we could afford one on our regular fleet but if Honda could see their way to lending us one then I'm confident we would give it a loving home."Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide