Information technology is playing an increasingly important role in the battlefield, and the best equipped forces of the not-too-distant duture will be carrying an array of wearable IT to assist them in their tasks.
One such system recently shown at Soldier Technology 2004 in Belgium was the NA-OR Advanced Integrated Soldier System.
The Advanced Integrated Soldier System (AISS) has been designed to significantly enhance combat and control capabilities of the infantry in both urban and open-terrain environments.
The system considerably improves navigation and situational awareness capabilities, enables target identification and acquisition, facilitates bi-directional communication of data, and provides the means for real-time distinction between friendly and enemy forces.
All the visual interfaces to the user in the AISS system feature eMagin's active matrix OLED SVGA+ microdisplays. The system is currently being evaluated by the Israeli Defence Forces.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide