Dodge has released details of a forthcoming Dodge Magnum police car, powered by a 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine with cylinder deactivation that produces 340 horsepower and 390 lb.-ft. of torque.
Dodge is upping the ante in the law enforcement market with a new rear-wheel drive Dodge Magnum police car powered by the legendary HEMI V-8 engine. The 2005 Dodge Magnum SXT model will be available this year for police special service use. For 2006, Dodge will introduce a police package which will be offered on the Dodge Magnum model.
The 2005 Dodge Magnum RT features the 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine with Multiple Displacement System (MDS), offering a combination of world-class performance, power and handling. The current HEMI take-rate on the 2005 Dodge Magnum is 45 percent of all orders and that's what the police can option with the SXT..
Electronic Stability Program (ESP), All-speed Traction Control, four-wheel anti-lock brakes with emergency brake assist and improved tire design are standard equipment on the Dodge Magnum SXT for special service uses (as they are on all Magnum SXT models). Combined, these features provide balance and control for officers in a variety of surface and weather conditions. These same advanced technologies also are standard on the 2006 Dodge Magnum police package models.
The 2006 Dodge Magnum police package will begin production in the fourth quarter of 2005.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide