NEC has announced a card-shaped, camera-equipped mobile phone, which it will launch on the China market, one of the world's largest and most competitive mobile markets, later this month (February, 2004).
NEC used its own technology to develop the ultra-compact, attractively packaged mobile phone boasting measurements of 85mm (width) X 54mm (height) X 8.6mm (depth), and a light weight of 70g.
This mobile-internet product supports GSM/GPRS, and is equipped with a 1.8 inch (120 X 160 dot) TFT color display and a digital camera (300,000 pixels). Loaded with 40-polyphonic ring tones, and installed with camera functions including a mobile light, and consecutive shooting ability etc, this phone is used in conjunction with an earphone and a mike.
"This world's smallest and slimmest mobile phone is a symbolic flag-ship product representing NEC's leading position in mobile terminal technology," said Yoshiharu Tamura, General Manager of Mobile Terminals Division, NEC Corp.
'NEC will continue to offer new, innovative mobile terminal solutions, which offer compact shape, and the latest product technologies, allowing users use of a variety of mobile phones for different situations."
NEC intends to further advance this technology toward broader application use in areas such as mobile terminals, PDAs and micro PCs etc.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide