Porsche convertible wins automotive beauty award
By Mike Hanlon
November 26, 2003
Thursday November 27, 2003
The Porsche 911 Carrera 4S convertible has been voted the "world's most beautiful open sports car" by an international jury consisting of artists, architects, art historians and designers in Italy.
The 235 kW (320 hp), all-wheel drive 911 Carrera 4S convertible took the award in the "Convertible, roadster and convertible coupe" category.
With a body adapted from the 4S Coup', the convertible gains dynamic emphasis from rear bumpers extended by 60 millimeters and 10 millimeters of body lowering. Its electrically folding soft top is notable for its high quality and excellent noise insulation even at top speeds and can be opened or closed at the touch of a button when traveling at up to 50 km/h.
The suspension has been specifically matched to the open body and the brake system comes from the 911 Turbo.
The jury members in 'L'Automobile pi' Bella del Mondo' (The Most Beautiful Car in the World) of 2003 examined 50 new models from 20 automobile brands and manufacturers, competing in eight different categories. Other winners included the Bentley GT, which took the special design award.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide