Tuesday September 30, 2003
"Cocoon" is a complete patient warming system designed to maintain normal body temperature before during and after surgery. Manufactured by Australian company Care Essentials, Cocoon utilises a process of warm air passed through micro-porous holes to give an even distribution of airflow across the patient and achieve maximum efficiency.
Recognized by both the Australia Government and other institutions as an innovative company, most recently receiving the Yellow Pages Business Ideas Grants Award for Best Idea Business Development Stage.
The system is based on the CWS 4000 forced air-warming machine plus either reusable or disposable Cocoons.
The microprocessor controlled CWS 4000 is a lightweight, impact-resistant unit that includes several unique features including an automatic sensor to advise when the hepa filter has reached the end of its life time and a 360 degree hose that will not distort when in use.
The disposable range of cocoon warming blankets are made of a warm-coloured, soft fabric and the re-useable versions are made from "Hi Tech" textiles that are easily launderable and suitable for sterilising via an autoclave steriliser.
A complete range of Cocoons are available to cover all requirements.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide