Chrysler Touring wagon concept joins 300C sedan
By Mike Hanlon
October 1, 2003
Thursday October 2, 2003
The new Chrysler 300C Touring concept is the wagon version of the Chrysler 300C sedan concept revealed earlier this year at the New York International Auto Show. The touring version unveiled by at the 60th International Motor Show (IAA) in Frankfurt shares most of the design, powertrain, chassis, equipment, interior appointments and technical specifications of the sedan concept with the addition of all-wheel drive.
The Chrysler 300C sedan concept will make its European show debut alongside the new Touring version, which is seen as a new alternative for the Chrysler brand in the European E segment wagon class.
The 300C concepts also mark the return of the HEMI engine to the Chrysler brand after more than 30 years. The engine design that powered Chrysler's "letter series" cars in the 1950s has been re-engineered and reborn as a modern, high-performance and durable powerplant known as the all-new 5.7-litre HEMI V-8.
The HEMI fitted to the 300C vehicles is very fuel competitive in its class and produces more power and torque than any Chrysler brand passenger car engine since the 426 HEMI of the '60s and '70s.
A production version of the Chrysler 300C Touring concept will be available exclusively outside of North America late next year.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide