Thursday September 4, 2003
The multi-purpose Black & Decker Bullseye is an effective electronic stud finder that also replaces conventional levels, string and a great deal of frustration with its laser level function.
The benefit of the hands-free laser level design is that the device can be left hanging on the wall at an anchor point while you align your shelving brackets, picture frames or tiles using the clearly visible laser line.
Useful for a range of interior decorating tasks and outdoor use in building or landscaping, Gizmo tested the laser to a distance of at least 5 metres indoors (the longest wall in the test house) and found the to be just as effective outdoors in bright conditions using the supplied "Target cone" that improves the visibility of the laser line.
The stud finder function includes a proximity reading that lets you know when you're almost at the edge of the stud and detects studs through walls up to 18mm thick.
Black&Decker's robust design incorporates a rubber overmould for grip and the package incudes three insert cones - marking/hanging insert, keyhole insert and spacer insert - two hanging pins and a well designed protective case.
The Black & Decker Bullseye Auto Levelling Laser and Stud Finder is available from major hardware outlets and costs AUD$99.95Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide