Friday June 27, 2003
Audi Australia will launch the new A8 sports limousine on 20th August 2003, following confirmed production for the company's first 50 locally-specified units.
A direct challenge to the BMW 7 Series and Mercedes-Benz S-Class, the sporty A8 will be available in two V8 variants, both with quattro all-wheel-drive and Audi's third generation aluminium bodyshell construction.
The Audi A8 3.7-litre quattro will be priced at AUS$173,900 with a tag of AUS$206,900 attached to the 4.2-litre model.
Audi's managing director, Graham Hardy, says the company expects to sell around 70 units in 2003, with the full year 2004 realising around 100 units a four-fold increase in sales over its predecessor.
The long list of standard features on the A8 includes a Multi-Media Interface (MMI); Adaptive Air Suspension; Electronic Stabilisation Program with anti-slip regulation; servotronic speed-sensitive power steering; Advanced Front-Lighting System; Audi's Advanced Key system; electric seats with leather upholstery; personalised memory system for driver and front passenger incorporating exterior mirrors, electric steering column, seat belt height and head restraints; multifunction steering wheel with Tiptronic paddles; DVD-based navigation system and active front head restraints.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide