Who ya gonna call? Atari have teamed up with developers Terminal Reality and Sony Pictures to bring gamers the eagerly awaited Ghostbusters: The Video Game. The release is set to coincide with the 25th anniversary of the original slime-fest, and will be available across all current-generation systems - excluding the PSP.
Written by Harold Ramis and Dan Aykroyd, the team who penned the classic films, the game will also reunite many of the original cast members, including the elusive Bill Murray, to lend their voices and likenesses to the game - a boon for purists, as this production looks set to recreate the original flavor and humor of the much loved films.
Set two years after the events of the Ghostbusters 2 film, the player will step into the shoes of a rookie recruit joining the infamous team of proton-blasting heroes known as the Ghostbusters. Another spate of paranormal disturbances has Manhattan in a panic, so of course the ‘Busters gotta suit up, step in and kick some.
Terminal Reality are utilizing their Infernal Engine technology, and from early reports we can expect to see our consoles displaying crowds of 1,000 individually simulated characters on screen. And yes, an appearance by fan-favorite, the Stay Puft marshmallow man has been confirmed.
Ghostbusters: The Video Game is set for release in 2009.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide