GE G3WP Waterproof compact camera announced
March 4, 2009
March 5, 2009 General Imaging, the licensee for GE digital cameras, has launched its first-ever waterproof model at PMA 2009 - the G3WP. The 12.2 megapixel compact is waterproof to 10 feet, has a 4x optical zoom, Image Stabilization and a 2.7-inch LCD screen that automatically adjusts to changes in ambient light.
Designed for taking happy snaps during water-based activities or just shooting on a rainy day, the G3WP also features Auto Scene Detection, Blink, Smile and Face Detection, In-Camera Red-Eye Removal and a Panorama mode.
No details have yet been released on pricing or availability, but we don't expect it to be a budget breaker.
- Megapixels: 12.2 megapixels
- Recording Media: Internal Memory: 116 MB, SD/SDHC Card (up to 8G support)
- Optical Zoom: 4X
- AF Method: Single AF, Multi-AF (TTL 9-point), Face-Detection, AF Assist Light (On/Off)
- Output Jacks: USB2.0/AV-OUT (Integrated Proprietary Connector)
- LCD Size: 2.7 inch TFT color LCD (234,000 pixels)
- ISO Sensitivity: Auto, ISO 64/100/200/400/800/1600/3200
- Shooting Modes: Auto, Manual, ASCN, Image Stabilization, Movie, Scene (Sport, Children, Indoor, Leaf, Snow, Sunset, Fireworks, Glass, Museum, Landscape, Night Landscape, Night Portrait), Portrait, Panorama.
- Waterproof: Up to 10 feet underwater
- Focal Length: 6.75mm (Wide) – 27.0mm (Tele)
- Power: Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery DS5370, 3.7V 700mAh
- Weight: 4.2 oz. (Approx. 120g-Body only)
- F Number: f/3.5 (Wide) – f/5.15 (Tele)
- Dimensions: 3.7 inch Width x 2.4 inch Height x 0.9 inch Depth
Just enter your friends and your email address into the form below
For multiple addresses, separate each with a comma