Froc adjustable chair for tots to tweens
By Darren Quick
March 25, 2013
As they develop, kids outgrow just about everything, meaning parents are faced with continually footing the bill for incrementally larger products. Clothes are the most obvious culprit, but bikes and furniture also need constant updating for those making their way from tot to tween. We’ve seen a number of products designed to grow with the kids, such as the Grow bike and B’kid, and Bloom’s Fresco contemporary chair. Joining these ranks is the Froc high chair from Slovenian outfit Gigodesign.
Designed to provide a place for kids to rest their weary bones from the ages of six months to 10 years, the Froc features an adjustable height seat and footrest and adjustable backrest. To keep the center of gravity at the chair’s center and ensure stability, the chair is mounted on a single solid leg supported by four extended claw feet, while a wraparound safety belt keeps toddlers safe and secure and can be removed as they get older.
Made from 100 percent natural materials, the wooden Froc can be assembled – and disassembled – in minutes, making it easy to take on trips. The seat and safety belt come in a choice of five colors, with the remainder of the chair sporting a wood finish. The design scored Gigodesign the Most Innovative Product award at the Ambient 2012 Furniture Fair in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
The Froc is available now for €249 (US$325).
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide