Details confirmed for first-ever Formula One night race
January 31, 2008
February 1, 2008 The timetable has been set for September's Formula 1(TM) Singapore Grand Prix, the first ever Grand Prix to be held at night.
Formula One racing’s governing body the FIA has confirmed that the race will start under the floodlights at 8pm local time on Sunday, September 28, with qualifying sessions on Saturday and the second Friday practice session also to be held after sunset.
To allow the drivers to become accustomed to the new track in daylight, the first practice on Friday 26th September will take place from 4-5:30pm, before the second session is run from 8pm.
The final practice session on Saturday will run from 5-6pm hours, with the qualifying sessions starting at 8pm.
The Singapore GP will be held on a 5.067km street circuit around the Marina Bay area.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide