Ford concept teases the return of the Escort – in China alone
By Gizmag Team
April 22, 2013
Ford's new Escort concept, unveiled over the weekend at the Shanghai Auto Show, may be intended to demonstrate Ford's dedication to China's flourishing compact car market, but it's likely to spark a glimmer of nostalgia in the West, especially in those parts that remember the iconic mark Is and IIs of the late 60s and 70s.
Though Ford released no specifics about the concept, it hints that the concept was steered by market research in the Chinese market. The company suggests the Escort would be a stylish, sensible and roomy alternative to the fun driving experience of the Ford Focus, its spiritual successor.
Ford says the concept "highlights the strength of our global One Ford approach to vehicle design," which may explain why it resembles every other sedan on the market these days.
Is this a worthy successor to the good name of Escort? Take a look at the gallery and let us know in the comments.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide