Dish Super Joey records up to eight TV shows simultaneously
By Stu Robarts
March 13, 2014
TV shows that clash, or family members that clash over TV shows, mean that we don't always get to watch the show we want. A new service from US-based satellite provider Dish, however, can change that. The Super Joey allows users to record up to eight simultaneous TV programs.
The Super Joey is an add-on for Dish's Hopper Whole-Home HD DVR platform, which allows users to pause, rewind and record live TV. It also allows playback of recordings on any connected TV in the house, as well as on computers, smartphones and tablets. Other features include the ability to skip commercials, connect to the Internet and use apps via Wi-Fi, and stream audio from SiriusXM or Pandora.
Using the Super Joey in conjunction with the Hopper adds an extra two network tuners to the Hopper's existing three tuners. As a result, users are able to record up to eight shows at the same time – any four shows plus the four major US broadcast networks or any five shows from any network.
The Joey family of add-ons for the Hopper system also includes the Wireless Joey, which gives a user the ability to watch shows throughout the house via Wi-Fi, and the Virtual Joey, an app that allows users to access their Hopper account and recordings through smart TVs and games consoles.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide