Creative gets in touch with ZEN X-Fi2 PMP
By Mick Webb
September 29, 2009
Creative's latest personal media player - the ZEN X-Fi2 - is the company's first full touch screen offering and features a 3” screen with a simplified navigational menu in landscape format, X-Fi sound enhancement and a TV-out connection for viewing video and photos on the big screen in a package that weighs just 75g.
The ZEN X-Fi2 supports multiple file formats for both audio (MP3, secure WMA, Audible, AAC and FLAC) and video (WMV9, MPEG-4, DivX and XviD) as well as JPEG and BMP for viewing photos.
A microSD card slot is included for memory expansion, along with a built in speaker, microphone jack and FM radio with 32 preset stations.
Users can opt to import pre-downloaded RSS feeds via USB to read on the go, and should the viewing experience need to be a big one there is the option of connecting the unit to a television.
Creative’s "X-Fi Crystalizer" audio technology is also onboard and 8GB (US$130), 16GB (US$180) and 32GB (US$230) models are on offer.
- ZEN X-Fi2 key specs:
- Size: 102mm x 57mm x 11.6mm
- Weight: 75g
- LCD: 3.0" TFT Touch Screen LCD, 262k colors, 400 x 240 pixels resolution
- Battery Life: up to 25hrs2 of audio playback, up to 5hrs2 of video playback
- Video / Audio Out: PAL / NTSC (via A/V cable sold separately)
- Expansion Slot: microSD memory card support
- RSS: Displays RSS content feeds offline (Sync via PC/Laptop connected to the internet)
- Power Charging: via PC-USB or ZEN USB Power Adapter (sold separately)
- Organizer: Clock, Alarm, Calendar, Task, Contacts
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics