March 2, 2009 Hasbro’s classic murder mystery game has been brought into the present day with the introduction of real-time clues via text in the new CLUE: Secrets & Spies edition.
As in previous editions, each player takes on a role. True identities are kept secret as players work independently to complete missions by using clues from the game and real-time tips sent via optional cell phone text messages.
“The use of text messaging to enhance a traditional board game experience is a true innovation in the board game category and we are thrilled to pioneer this experience with Hasbro’s CLUE brand,” said Jill Hambley, Global Marketing Vice President of the CLUE brand at Hasbro. “CLUE: Secrets & Spies Edition takes text messaging from mere novelty to world saving technology. By using their own cell phones, players will turn their own every-day phone into a top-secret spy device that is certain to add excitement and suspense to game play.”
CLUE: Secrets & Spies Edition will be available in Fall 2009 at a RRP of USD$24.99. Standard text messaging rates will apply for players who elect to use the game’s optional text messaging feature (cell phone not included). Hasbro is committed to maintaining text messaging support until December 31, 2011.
CLUE was invented in 1944 by retired solicitor’s clerk, Mr. Pratt. We wonder what he would make of this latest enhancement to the game.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide