Chevrolet to debut new Trax SUV in Paris
By Gizmag Team
May 14, 2012
Chevrolet will introduce a new compact sport utility vehicle known as the Trax at the 2012 Paris Motor Show. If the name rings a bell, that's because Trax was also the label given to a diminutive SUV concept that Chevrolet floated back in 2007 and while there is next to no detail on the production model at this stage, we do know that it won't be heading to the U.S. market.
Chevrolet says that there are no plans to bring the Trax to the U.S. market "because of the strong position of the Equinox," but 140 other markets will begin to see the new five-seater SUV from the end of this year with Mexico and Canada first on the list.
“The Trax provides Chevrolet an entry into a growing small SUV segment and delivers the flexibility, great fuel economy and car-like handling that urban explorers around the world require,” says Mary Barra, GM senior vice president of Product Development.
As mentioned, we don't yet know what this translates to in terms of specifications or pricing, but we'll be keeping an eye out for this one at the 2012 Paris Motor Show, which runs from 29 September to 14 October.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide