Decision time? Read Gizmag's latest product comparisons

CataCoffin keeps you rockin' six feet under

December 12, 2012

The CataCoffin packs a CataCombo Sound System

The CataCoffin packs a CataCombo Sound System

If you’re living impaired or a vampire who likes a bit of musical accompaniment as you wile away the long hours inside your coffin then the CataCoffin from Swedish company Pause could be just what you need. The customized coffin packs a CataCombo Sound System that features a custom-built 2.1 amplifier and includes a pair of 2-way speakers, tweeters with external cooling, and an 8-inch subwoofer tuned to the coffin’s acoustic space.

The coffin is paired with the CataTomb tombstone that packs an upgradeable music server powered by a 2.5 GHz Intel processor and a 4G wireless connection that allows playlists to be managed online. Using the CataPlay application that connects to Spotify, friends and family can keep you grooving to the latest tracks. The hi-tech tombstone, which supplies power to the coffin’s onboard sound system, also features a 7-inch LCD for displaying the currently playing song alongside your epitaph.

The price to make your place the life of the graveyard starts at €23,500 (US$30,715).

If you’re still not sold, maybe the video below will convince you.

Source: Pause via Videogum

Darren Quick Darren's love of technology started in primary school with a Nintendo Game & Watch Donkey Kong (still functioning) and a Commodore VIC 20 computer (not still functioning). In high school he upgraded to a 286 PC, and he's been following Moore's law ever since. This love of technology continued through a number of university courses and crappy jobs until 2008, when his interests found a home at Gizmag.   All articles by Darren Quick

just put in Phil Collins and Phillip Bailey "shes an easy lover" oh nevermind i am planning on being responsible and getting burnt and not waste space or resources when I die,, yeah die, you don't pass, you die

Bill Bennett
12th December, 2012 @ 09:38 pm PST

No, No Bill.. At least for me, I need some AC/DC - Highway to Hell, some Led Zepplin - Stairway to Heaven, and a BUNCH of Metallica...

Highway to hell sounds more appealing to me thugh, I'm far too lazy to climb the stairway to heaven..

AdamA
13th December, 2012 @ 06:53 am PST

A nice bed for the seriously goth but when I pass I want a cardboard box.

Slowburn
13th December, 2012 @ 07:28 am PST

why not TV as well.

jochair
13th December, 2012 @ 07:42 am PST

The concept of having music in one's coffin suggests some level of consciousness- the thought of being in a box underground whilst conscious fills me with horror regardless of any possible entertainment options (controlled by others).

Oh, and the small matter of getting an electric supply- most cemetaries would not welcome a wind turbine for a headstone...

bergamot69
13th December, 2012 @ 08:12 am PST

How about Mozart's Requiem in D minor?

JAT
13th December, 2012 @ 09:17 am PST

If I was going to blow 30 grand on a coffin, my first priority would be an escape hatch, not a sound system.

Jon A.
13th December, 2012 @ 11:40 am PST

If I was in my coffin alive, I'd rather prefer my coffin to have a system that can alert others so I won't suffocate. Music would be the last thing on my mind. Why would they even waste their time making such a stupid product? And who would be stupid enough to pay for this?

Integral
13th December, 2012 @ 02:54 pm PST

Guys, you have to keep in mind that for each one of us who do not have the money to throw away like this... There are those out that who have it and don't know what to do with it!

3razer
14th December, 2012 @ 12:50 am PST

i hope they have a communication system in case the person wakes up..

Facebook User