Upcoming Cadillacs to get wireless smartphone charging
August 1, 2014
Cadillac is set to offer Powermat wireless charging for smartphones in the 2015 ATS sport sedan and coupe in coming months, with the 2015 CTS and the Escalade SUV to follow suit at the end of the year.
Forming part of the company's CUE (Cadillac User Experience) system, the wireless technology will sit alongside features such as Natural Voice Recognition (Text-to-Voice) and touch-screen technology.
The rubberized Powermat wireless charging pad will positioned inside the storage bin behind car's center instrument panel faceplate. Duracell Powermat offers charging cases for iPhones and some Samsung Galaxy phones.
Cadillac joins a growing list of manufacturers offering this functionality – the Jeep Cherokee is available with a factory-installed Qi charging pad, as is the Toyota Avalon.
Manufacturers such as Audi, BMW, Daimler, Porsche and Volkswagen are also getting in on the wireless technology act using the Qi standard, which is supported by phones from Nokia, Samsung, BlackBerry, Sony, HTC, LG and others.
Source: General MotorsShare
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide