Black & Decker has a tool that fits comfortably between a chainsaw and a branch lopper. It’s the Alligator Lopper LP1000 and can cut through branches and logs up to four inches thick. It uses its patented scissor action to grab the offending piece of wood, clamps it tight and then powers through it with a 4.5Amp motor driven chainsaw.
This handy device has a number of safety features built in, like a two-handed trigger to prevent accidental start up of the chain and a safety guard over the blades and clamps.
What’s more, it can be used to cut up fallen branches or logs lying on the ground without risking blunting the chain blades from touching the ground. It can also be used to cut logs or branches side-to-side rather than only from top to bottom like a traditional chainsaw and it is effortless compared to standard non-powered loppers.
The Alligator Lopper LP1000 weighs 6.5lbs and has a 6-inch bar, making it suitable for male and female use and great for anywhere outdoors where power is within reach (like a generator).
The device is available through Black & Decker, online at Amazon and other Internet-based stores from around US$80.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide