Bentley prepping its fastest road and race cars for Goodwood
By C.C. Weiss
March 21, 2013
Bentley is taking the "speed" in this year's Goodwood Festival of Speed quite literally. The ultra-luxury marque announced at the Goodwood Press Day this week that it plans to bring a trio of its fastest cars to the hill. It will also host its largest ever exhibition at this July's festival.
Bentley recently introduced what it calls the world's fastest four-seat convertible, so why wouldn't it bring it to an event fashioned around fast, beautiful cars. The 202-mph (325 km/h), 616-bhp Continental GT Speed Convertible will give Bentley a presence on the supercar paddock.
The convertible will be joined by two Bentley Le Mans winners. The No. 7 and No. 8 Speed 8 race cars, dressed up in British Racing Green livery, took home first and second place finishes at Le Mans in 2003. Bentley has been absent from racing since that time, and the past winners come back to help celebrate Bentley's return to motorsport later this year.
In its greater Goodwood presence, Bentley plans its largest display ever. That display will be headlined by the all-new Flying Spur, which debuted in Geneva earlier this month. The Flying Spur's 616-bhp 6.0-liter twin turbo W12 gives the car the distinction of being Bentley's most powerful luxury sedan ever. With a 4.3-second dash to 60 mph (96.5 km/h) and a 200-mph (322 km/h) top speed, it's also the fastest.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide