Belkin TuneCast Auto Live FM Transmitter uses iPhone’s GPS capabilities
By Darren Quick
June 5, 2009
June 5, 2009 Belkin has announced the TuneCast Auto Live, a new FM transmitter for the iPhone that is one of the first devices to take advantage of OS 3.0’s support for third party peripherals. The TuneCast Auto Live acts in conjunction with Belkin’s ClearScan Live software application to display the FM frequency and TuneCast controls on the iPhone’s screen, as well as utilizing the GPS capabilities of the iPhone to identify the clearest FM frequencies, based on geographical data as well as results from other TuneCast Auto users in the same area.
The TuneCast Auto Live also includes an in-line control with one-touch ClearScan station locator and high contrast display, a Pro setting to optimize audio and boost volume, two programmable preset buttons and in-car charging.
Although the TuneCast Auto Live was designed to be specifically compatible with iPhone OS 3.0, the device also supports the iPod Classic, Touch and nano - the ClearScan Live application, however, will be limited to the iPhone and iPod Touch.
Belkin is set to release the TuneCast Auto Live early this fall in North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia for USD$79.99. The ClearScan Live app is available for free download via the iTunes store.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide