AshPoopie concept turns dog doo into ashes
By Pawel Piejko
October 16, 2011
Most dog-walkers accept the necessity of cleaning up after their charges, but no one is claiming that it's a pleasurable experience. While we've seen eco-friendly dog waste disposal bags and systems that turn poop into plant fertilizer, we've yet to come across an approach that takes care of both collection and disposal quite like AshPoopie. Still a concept at this stage, the AshPoopie from Israel-based Paulee CleanTech is a kind of portable refuse incinerator crossed with ordinary one-handed pet waste scoop that's designed to turn feces into 100% sterile ash on the spot.
AshPoopie resembles existing one-handed, no bending pet waste scoop, but it has a retractable handle for portability along with a built-in decomposition chamber where the offending poop is mixed with chemicals from a replaceable cartridge to turn it into odorless, sterile ashes in less than a minute.
According to Paulee CleanTech, the device doesn't need cleaning or any special maintenance.
There are no details as to what's in the capsules or what the system might cost, but the AshPoopie designers say they have begun developing the prototype with the aim of bringing it to market as early as Q1 2012.
The video below runs us through how the system would work:
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide