Apple event set for October 22, new iPads expected
By Eric Mack
October 15, 2013
Fall is the season for Apple and iOS mania in advance of holiday shopping, and the company is holding to tradition, sending out invitations today to a media event set for October 22 where it's expected to introduce updated versions of the iPad and iPad mini.
The invite background features an assortment of colorful leaves above the cryptic phrase "We still have a lot to cover."
This kind of vague allusion to some new product or feature that will soon be revealed is typical of Apple, as is the location of the event – San Francisco's Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, which the company has used for many of its big reveals in the past.
In addition to revamped iPads, it's likely that OS X Mavericks and a new Mac Pro will also get some attention.
It will be interesting to see if iOS 7 for the iPad also gets a revamp, after the mobile OS update has been met with complaints from lovers of Apple's slate.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide